Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2/52

For the past week my mind has been buzzing with ideas for my Project 52.  I am beyond excited for all of the weeks ahead!  I wish I could do a shoot everyday... if only it paid the bills.

Today, I planned a  shoot with my sister, but as I was getting ready to head out I noticed the sky was too hazy for the shot I had envisioned, so I decided to save it for another week.  I wanted to make the best of the diffused light though, so I grabbed my camera bag and tripod and headed out to the woods behind my house to do a shot of myself.  I am learning that self-portraits are really hard to do; getting the correct framing and focus is challenging when you are by yourself... not to mention you also have to worry about positioning yourself so that you can't see the remote trigger in your hand (I think you could see mine in about 80% of the shots I took, haha).  In addition, I had added pressure to nail a good shot today because I'm leaving for Boston tomorrow and won't be back until next week.  Anyway, I am really pleased that this shot turned out because I love all the triangles throughout the scene. I count 18... what about you guys?

  

1 comment:

  1. Wow.

    And I am particularly delighted by the attention to the geometric composure.

    ReplyDelete