Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Project 52

The start of a new year means the start of resolutions.  This year instead of vowing to eat healthier or run more (which I still want to do), I am giving myself a more unique resolution; I plan on completing a photo challenge which will involve me creating one fine art image each week.  I’ve let school consume too much of my life for the past two-and-a-half years and I dearly miss getting out and doing creative shoots.  Hopefully this challenge will help me grow as a photographer and give me a rad portfolio come December 31, 2013.

I set out to capture image 1 of 52 yesterday.  A HUGE thank you to my amazing boyfriend, Brian, who tagged along and helped out. I wasn't sure what I wanted to shoot, so we hopped in the car and drove through Santiago Canyon until we came upon a spot where we could park and not feel like the hillbilly's who put up all the "no trespassing" signs would chase us down with their shot guns. Turns out the trail we hiked up was quite popular, so we had to deal with some looky-loos bugging us. Stupid people. Anyway, I experimented with a couple of different set ups, and this image turned out to be my favorite. I've got to start location scouting for more secluded places for the weeks ahead...



1 comment: